Word count in OfficeSuite Documents is a useful feature that helps us measure the length and complexity of written documents. It can help us out in various scenarios, including :
- Meeting the requirements of academic or professional assignments that have a specific word limit.
- Improving our writing skills by checking the readability and conciseness of our texts.
- Estimating the time and effort needed to read or write a document.
- Filling out forms and job applications.
- Writing meta data and other technical documents with tight character limits.
Word count can also provide us with information about the number of characters (with and without spaces), the number of paragraphs, and the number of sections.
Note: The following applies to OfficeSuite Documents for Windows.
How to do it:
1. When working on your document, click on the ‘Review’ tab located on the top ribbon, followed by Word Count’. This will show the total number of words and other details for the entire document. Alternatively, you can press CTRL+Shift+G to bring up the information.
2. You’ll then see a box that displays information for the entire text content of the page.
3. To check the word count of a specific section of your document, select the text that you want to count with your mouse or keyboard, and then click ‘Insert’ on the top ribbon again, followed by ‘Word Count’.