Set editable cells in Cell Protection in Sheets Android
In Sheets, you can protect your whole file from editing using the Cell Protection option. However, you can still leave some of the cells enabled for editing.
1. Open your Sheets file and select the range of cells you want editable after the Cell Protection.
2. Tap on the tabs dropdown and set to Format.
3. Tap Cell Protection.
4. From the expandable bottom sheet menu, choose from one of the options:
- Locked - it is checked by default. Remove the checkmark to make selected cells editable after the Sheets file is protected.
- Hidden - Check this option if you want the cells to be editable. Formulas in the hidden cells will also be invisible in the formula bar. However, if the cells are unlocked, their content can be edited.